A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- To enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To recognise you when you return to our site;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
We will store cookies for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we store them for, including those mentioned in this policy and for the purposes of any legal, regulatory or reporting requirements. To
determine the appropriate storage period for cookies, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the cookies, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we store the cookies and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory and other requirements.